Hey my friends.
I was sent another awesome word game from Bananagrams. I love word games so much. I’m starting to wonder if I have an obsession! I don’t think it’s a bad thing though. It is so important to exercise those brain muscles. Word games are perfect for just that. They help with reading, spelling and critical thinking.
My five year old has been learning to spell without much of my help. He loves to write. He does ask me a lot how to spell but all of the repetition has helped him learn to spell. With Word–A–Melon, kids can focus on more fun and less work. They don’t even notice that they are practicing current reading and spelling skills. I much prefer they didn’t realize!
How to play:
- The letters are called seeds. There are 60.
- You will play 56 of the seeds face down on the open tray.
- For an easy game, leave out J,Q, X and Z. For a challenging game, leave out A,E,S, and T.
- Roll the dye to determine how many seeds to flip over.
- Then, call out the longest word you can come up with.
- Collect the letters of the word you called out.
- Flip any unused seeds back over.
The player with the most seeds wins!
I could have had some really good pictures of them all playing…including myself. However, this Mom has been way too busy to remember. I hope you can take my word for it, that this game is super fun, easy to learn and great for educational purposes. If you would like more information you can visit their website here or contact me with any questions.